CNM/United Way Tax HELP New Mexico
Information Line: (505) 224-4829http://www.cnm.edu/taxhelp/
- The CNM Tax Help New Mexico program offers free assistance in preparing and filing income tax returns for most New Mexico residents with an annual household income of less than $51,000 or who are age 65 or older.
- Tax Help is offered through a partnership between CNM and the United Way of Central New Mexico. The service usually opens in February and runs until the last day to file taxes, typically April 15. They may not be able to help those with complex tax situations.
- Tax HELP NM locations nearest you
IRS Local Taxpayer Advocate
- The Taxpayer Advocate Service is your voice at the IRS. Their job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly, and that you know and understand your rights. They offer free help to guide you through the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems that you haven’t been able to solve on your own.
- AARP Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
Toll Free: 1-800-HRBLOCK
- FREE Federal 1040EZ preparation and filing as early as January 1, 2013 through February 15, 2012.
- Bring W2 and other income statements.
- Edgewood Walmart location to open January 18, 2013. Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins are available.
- Route 66 Shopping Center location to open January 7, 2013. Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins are available.
To schedule an appointment at either H&R Block locations call: (505) 265-6666